Monday, December 17, 2012

Review on Yo Johnny Frozen Yogurt! in Watertown, NY

I really deserve to be on the naughty list this season.  I can't remember the last time I put on my running shoes and worked up a sweat.  My diet selections deserve to be on the naughtiest of all naughty lists.  Seriously though, why does it have to taste so good?  Why can't apples taste like chocolate chip cookies?

I swear December 26th, 2012 I am going for a run.  Get ready treadmill. 

Since I am already on a bad girl spree, I figured out it was a GREAT time to check out Yo Johnny Frozen Yogurt! in Watertown, NY.  It's a new frozen yogurt bar owned and operated by a radio personality.  After seeing many mouth watering pictures of frozen yumminess on Facebook, I decided it was time I let my taste buds be the judge.  A huge Coldstone Creamery fan, they had high expectations to meet.

I walked up in somewhat dismay to realize it was in the same location Teriyaki Experience used to be.  They must have closed.  Frown face....I really liked it there.  Okay, back to frozen yumminess.  My first impression was pleasant based on the decor and atmosphere.  It was fun with bright colors...hot pink, lime green, shiny silver.  A white Christmas tree with multicolored, vibrant ornaments is in the foyer between the exterior door and entrance to the restaurant.  Several smaller silver tables with modern, bright colored chairs are in the front of the joint for those who choose to stay to munch on their concoctions. 

A pleasant young lady must have sensed my unfamiliarity with the layout because she guided me to the back on the restaurant where the bowls are kept.  And then the line of frozen yogurt machines.  I expected chocolate and vanilla frozen yogurt.  Not the case.  Apple pie, Tahitian Vanilla, Oreos Cookie and Cream, Peanut Butter, oh my.  It went on and on.  A few flavors were out of order, but some kinks are to be expected during grand openings. 

Once you make the difficult decision of which flavor yogurt you desire, you move on to the toppings bar.  You name it, they have it.  Even bacon.  Yup, bacon on frozen yogurt.  No I did not try it.  I was buying for the entire family so I really focused on the fresh fruit toppings as my kids are fresh fruit vacuums.  Kiwi, raspberries, blueberries, cherries, cantalope, pineapple and even these little bead shaped toppings called Bursting Boba.  I have to try that next time.  Syrups are at the end!

Checkout consists of weighing your frozen yogurt masterpiece.  50 cents an ounce.  It's that simple! 

It was far better than expected.  I really expected like a strong yogurt taste but it was really creamy and soft ice cream like.  My husband seconds that opinion.  The toppings were fresh and plentiful (over 50 different toppings to choose from).  I love that you serve yourself.  Four bowls of frozen yogurt loaded with toppings all for $20.00.  I didn't think that was a bad price at all. 

The staff was very friendly and helpful.  It was very clean and tidy and organized once I realized what the flow of the line was.  The modern decor is hip and inviting but also very family friendly.  It will be great to sit in the bright Adirondack chairs that line the exterior of the building with my family this summer for a sweet treat. 

Gift cards are available (great Christmas gifts).  Free Wi-Fi.  Open 10am - 10pm Monday through Saturday and 10am - 7pm on Sundays. 

We all agreed it was delish.  I like the fact that they have options for when I am behaving diet and exercise wise to keep me off the naughty list!  You control the portions and there are plenty of healthy options so you can decide whether you are being naughty or nice!  We will be return customers without a doubt! 

**Picture was taken by my brother in law...I was too interested in consuming my frozen yogurt to remember to snap a pic of it first.  Priorities, ya know!!**

1 comment:

  1. to much money for such a little dish and kind of dirty

    ReplyDelete